Saturday, June 4, 2011

Alternative Methods

"If you are clean inside, having no wounds of inferiority, then who cares what people expect of you? You have never fulfilled anybody's expectations. You have been simply living your life according to your own insight, intuition, intelligence."
~ Osho

The first quote of the day.  I post it on Facebook as my status and a little box pops up on the side saying "Links related to your post" and up pops the page for "Osho" and "Truth".  So I find myself wanting to know more about who Osho is.  Now, if you click on the title of this blog "Alternative Methods" it will take you directly to that page about him. 

Yesterday I went to the grand opening of the Whole Foods Natural Food Market that is right down the street from me.  I am so excited that it's there.  I have always loved that store, but it was probably a good 15 miles away to get to the nearest one, and I just didn't feel like doing that everytime I wanted organic and fresh choices.  I also don't really like Mrs. Green's in downtown Fairfield - it's such a small clausterphobic building.  Of course there is Trader Joe's on Black Rock Turnpike, but again, it's a very small store yet I do appreciate their unique and competitively priced items.  Whole Foods is so incredibly huge and wonderful, I can walk there with Markus in his stroller anytime and that is really an ideal chunk of time for both walking and shopping for just a few really good things. 
While I was there and at the checkout line I was looking over what kind of magazines they have.  I picked up "Yoga Journal" and read over the cover: "4 key traits that will change your life for good" and "5 poses to uplift you" as well as "9 poses to create confidence & clarity".  It was the last one that had me add it to the black moving belt behind the fresh strawberries, blueberries and bananas.  I haven't yet been able to even flip through it because Friday nights are my longest shift at the restaurant and I had plenty of other running around to do.  Now it's on my lap as I think about what is the best time to get to the gym.  My morning writing is not to be compromised as I remember that mom is getting out of the hospital today, my 15 year old son has a soccer game at 12:45, and this beautiful day begs for a little boy to come out and play at the park or the beach for awhile.  Many other things will get thrown in and at me today as they do every weekend.  I will try to be realistic about how much I can do in one day. 

So, there goes my day with a few things that will inevitably come to pass.  I will read the article "Goddess, where art thou?" and get on to my handwritten pages like a fiend before I move through the day.

My random quote to focus on now will be chosen from a keyword that I will "Google" quotes about...prioritization...

"Don't be a time manager, be a priority manager. Cut your major goals into bite-sized pieces.  Each small priority or requirement on the way to ultimate goal becomes a mini goal in intself." ~ Denis Waitley

See you again soon...thanks for reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Fairfield, CT, United States
Originally this blog was created to house the writings for The Red Queen. She is the Muse that inspires this Author and Artist and is the insidious channel that opens to admonish all doubt and fear. She allows what needs to be, TO BE. Carole Anzolletti is the Author and Illustrator of "Whispers of the Goddess" Poetry and Prose and is currently working on a body of writing called "The Forest Labyrinth." She has also been known as "Lady Pegasus" and formerly had the domain www.ladypegasus.com until 2009 when she changed it to www.caroleanzolletti.com. She is a seller of art and craft and has sold her work all over the world. Currently her eBay id is: art_by_carole_anzolletti