Friday, June 3, 2011

The Application of Structure

6:21 a.m. on Friday and it's the end of the week. Looking forward to Ghost Adventures tonight and going out to the movies with a friend tomorrow night. Two out of my three boys are up already and I fell asleep watching "John Tucker Must Die."

"Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

I posted a few quotes on each of my Facebook pages.  This is one of my favorites because it reminds me of my forest story and how I wish for it to be unique to all others.  I think all writers and creators have those same ambitions.  I am in perpetual awe of the new and great works that come from everywhere around us.  I long to paint a new watercolor painting as the summer quickly approaches and the thoughts of my written work called "The Mermaid Chronicles" surfaces. The organic process of writing mystifies me, as I want to work diligently on "The Forest Labyrinth" yet visions of Mermaids on the shore with their messages drift back and forth like the tide. 

I haven't been to the library in a while now but one of the last books I read was "Zen in the Art of Writing" by Ray Bradbury and one of the things he says that really stands out to me is this:
"So stand aside, forget targets, let the characters, your fingers, body, blood and heart DO."  What I get from this is that just to sit down and write and allow what wants to come through, to do so.  So although I would love to work on The Forest, will I be sidetracked by The Chronicles? And is being sidetracked a bad thing?  I think not, as I can't allow the force and momentum of the thoughts on the pieces to dissolve.  I know they can't be retrieved.  So I will let myself stand aside and have my fingers, body, blood and heart DO what comes and hopefully it loops around to my larger body of work as I have it waiting on the corners of my dressers and desks, following me around like a small ghost tossing words, thoughts and phrases into the line of fire that is my imagination.

Now, another quote I have just randomly accessed is this:

"When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change." ~ Ester and Jerry Hicks

Indeed they do, after all the conditioning and teaching we have seen all our lives, being given things that others believe and trust in, we have the choice and decision before us to change the way we look at things so that these things do indeed change.  What do I want to see differently today?

- I want to see the way I manage my time differently.  Yesterday I was exhausted with the waste of time that was spent trying to get this computer to work.  It could have all been so easily avoided if I had respected the deadline of the computer maintenance programs. 

- I want to see the way I communicate with my mother respectively executed, or not at all.

- I want to organize what I have been complaining about organizing for months so that I stop losing that energy on doing it!

Now for my last quote, the one that will take me through the morning and the one that will influence all of the above - chose randomly...

"Nature's way is simple and easy, but men prefer what is intricate and artificial." ~ Dan Millman

To me this says "Go With the Flow...but don't get cut by the rocks in the water..."

See you again soon my friends.



2 comments:

  1. Cheyene HighlanderJune 3, 2011 at 11:14 AM

    If there was anything I needed to read & take in today this was it. Thank you Carole. Under reactions there needs to be a "hell yeah". That was my reaction :) Hugs, Chey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are happily inspired by this, and I love that your reactions are shared with me so generously - THANK YOU dearest Chey <3

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Fairfield, CT, United States
Originally this blog was created to house the writings for The Red Queen. She is the Muse that inspires this Author and Artist and is the insidious channel that opens to admonish all doubt and fear. She allows what needs to be, TO BE. Carole Anzolletti is the Author and Illustrator of "Whispers of the Goddess" Poetry and Prose and is currently working on a body of writing called "The Forest Labyrinth." She has also been known as "Lady Pegasus" and formerly had the domain www.ladypegasus.com until 2009 when she changed it to www.caroleanzolletti.com. She is a seller of art and craft and has sold her work all over the world. Currently her eBay id is: art_by_carole_anzolletti